Thursday, March 23, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to my latest blog - LibraryWebHead (I would've put Library WebHead2.0, but I'm not sure that I'll only be blogging through the 2.0 trend, I hope to be here by the time we reach 3.0!). The story behind the name... well, when I worked for Bibliomation (a library network here in CT), I had a coworker who called me a couple of names (that I know of and possibly a few that I gratefully never heard) - one was "SUN goddess" (which I did like the ring of, I have to admit), because I ran our SUN server to support our web catalogs and the other, perhaps less complimentary, but always amusing - "webhead". Since I've returned from management and p.r. to doing web stuff, I have to say that I'm very happy to once again be a webhead. There's so much going on out there in Web2.0-land and I really feel that we have to get with it - as librarians - and to do so without hesitation. That's what this blog will be all about.

No comments: