Thursday, July 20, 2006

Something to look forward to - wrap up of the Library2.0 Workshop at Darien

Like the rest of you, if I go away for a day, I return to a piled-up desk, voice mail waiting, and several dozen (yes, that's all - most of my listservs go elsewhere) emails. So, later today, I'll offer a detailed (read: too long) posting on yesterday's excellent workshop provided by the Connecticut Library Consortium and Darien Library (the library also played host - very hospitably, I might add) on Library2.0.

Our much-esteemed presenters, Jenny Levine, of The Shifted Librarian blog fame and Michael Stephens of Tame the Web blog (if you go to his blog, you'll already see a pic of Jenny that he posted as they were presenting) fame, were great! I can't say enough about them. But, in the meantime, here's some links you can look at. Jenny has some of her presentations - including the one on RSS - up on her Presentations wiki - go to http://theshiftedlibrarian.pbwiki.com/ (the one we viewed yesterday was How to Use RSS to Know More and Do Less), though they also did quite a few other "modules" during the day. One thing that they taught me a lot more about was Flickr - so just to give you a taste, here's a link to the photos Michael Stephens has online with the tag "darien" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelsphotos/tags/darien/
gotta get back to nitty gritty - later! Also, I suspect that Chris Bradley, CLC's director, who also attended (as well as helping to organized & sponsor the event) will soon have a posting about it on her Between the Bookends blog. She's more careful in what she writes than I am, so it may be a little later in the day or week.

No comments: