Saturday, November 25, 2006

Funny post about how lousy library websites can be!

The entry - http://www.librarianavengers.org/weblog/2005/02/more-on-lousy-digital-library-design.html - is worth a look, if you've got a good sense of humor and aren't too easily offended. Warning, it has harsh - though funny - words, folks, but if you're on the frontlines with web design at libraries, you'll really laugh about it!

BTW, I'd written an entry myself in response to this article originally, but then I'd reconsidered it. It was written in a way that came off entirely too harshly and as a result, I don't think it added anything constructive to the discussion. My key point was about how politics can get in the way of innovation. I'm hoping that some day I find the magic bullet that allows us to get people and personalities to harmonize around an objective - that makes committee-work actually improve websites, and so on.

I guess to move forward, we have to think and rethink our choices. We have to build on our mistakes as well as our successes.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: