Wednesday, April 18, 2007

note to self...

am too exhausted to write up, let alone make sense of, all of my CIL notes for prompt blog postings... well, I guess I can try tomorrow AM after a few hours of sleep... conferences are tough - the better they are, the worse they are (the busier they keep you). I think of fellow librarians I've trained whose eyes have glazed over part-way through the day. They tell me that it's all too much information. Ha! CIL is the true excitement & information overload challenge!

Favorite sessions today were on:
- South Carolina State Library redesigning its web presence through the use of the Joomla open source content management system
- innovative libraries - research on what common characteristics seem to correlate with innovation in libraries (good stuff, will have to hand on to our management folks...)

I also enjoyed seeing the Podcasting session. Another set of technologies to play with and master!

No comments: