Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A few of my favorite people...

There are actually quite a few, but today's favs include:

A. Library Web Chic - we're headed in the same direction, technology-wise and often philosophically (though she's way ahead of me, at least I can see her on the horizon) - I highly recommend her blog at http://librarywebchic.net/... and NOT just because she's legitimized my "Web Head" nickname - see her entry on "Why My Job is So Hard" and note that she mentions "Web Heads" at least 2 x! ;)
If you want to know where our web work is headed, start paying attention to the Web Chic, one of my fav fellow Web Heads! [though her caution about redesign hell in a recent entry has me a little worried...]

B. The IT Support team where I work. Yes, often librarians live in a love-hate relationship with IT Support/Automation, whatever they call the dept. of tech gurus who keep things ticking. But I've always been on the systems end of things, MLS notwithstanding, so I tend to see where they're coming from. And no, we don't always agree - the best gurus out of corporate/private industry, for example, will tell you - no participation in the website is the best thing because, after all, it reduces the variables that can mean failures/mistakes/compromises. Still, the team I work with now - though they're new to an environment that was kept together largely by the power of inertia, status quo, duct tape, and other magic - are really moving things forward. I love our mutual respect and find that this is definitely the best way to do business. They've got it tough, but they really are doing wonders! Kudos to them!

No comments: